Reno / Sparks, NV
Reno, Sparks, Sun Valley, Verdi, Spanish Springs, Pyramid
The “Biggest Little City” is growing up and out with stylish new cultural and shopping venues in addition to its renowned hotel, casino, and entertainment and dining experiences.
The airline hub of the High Sierra with Reno-Tahoe International Airport, Reno and Sparks add the metropolitan edge to the High Sierra golf destination. And, as you would infer from the 1940’s nickname you can still have the big city benefits without most of the accompanying hassles. However, the little city part is sprawling with growth and you’ll find many new shopping, cultural and recreation activities. And, downtown is as vibrant as ever with renovations, new additions and cultural proclivity. Add a day or two to your stay if you want to take in all of the Reno/Sparks experience.
LakeRidge Golf Course
Somersett Country Club
The Resort at Red Hawk – Lakes Course
The Resort at Red Hawk – Hills Course
Wildcreek Golf Course
Wolf Run Golf Club
Sites to See
- National Automobile Museum —Visitors travel through time discovering a century of automobiles: more than 220 antique, vintage, classic, “cars-of-the-stars” and one-of-a-kind wonders.
- Cabela’s — Famous outdoor outfitters located along I-80 just west of Reno. The new 125,000-square-foot retail showroom is an educational and entertainment attraction, featuring a décor of museum-quality animal displays, huge aquariums and trophy animals.
- The Summit — Reno’s newest shopping experience, located just off the Mt. Rose Highway in the southwest part of town, has 70 compelling shops and restaurants.
- The Chocolate Bar – Offering a variety of small plates and drinks for the chocolate lover
- The Pneumatic Diner – Funky vegetarian fare not far from the casinos
- The Oyster Bar on the sky terrace at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
- Roxy’s Bar for great martinis at the Eldorado Hotel Casino
- Aura Ultra Lounge is a new atmosphere in the Silver Legacy Resort Casino
- Orozko Lounge in John Ascuaga’s Nugget in Sparks
- Lexie’s on the River in the Siena Hotel Casino
- Fuzio Universal Bistro in the Sands Regency Casino Hotel in downtown Reno
Online Travel Planning Resources
Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority