Carson City, Dayton Valley, Genoa, Virginia City
Nevada’s robust and raucous Wild West history is rooted in this expansive valley carved out by the Carson River and framed by the eastern Sierra and Pine Nut Range.
Nevada’s state capital of Carson City is the hub of history for what we deem as the High Sierra golf region. From Genoa going north it follows the Carson River and U.S. Highway 395 and in Carson City turns east on U.S. Highway 50 through Dayton. There are many museums and historical points of interest to discover and one of the biggest living history exhibits in the country the town of Virginia City. It’s a throwback to the old West and Comstock lode era when Nevada proclaimed its nickname as the Silver State.
Sites to See
- Virginia City — A can’t miss, must do if you have never been before and always fun if you have. Explore shops, saloons and a slice of history in one spot.
- David Walley’s Resort/Hot Springs/Spa — A year-round destination featuring all the amenities of a world-class spa. Relax and enjoy six natural hot mineral springs’ pools, full-service Spa, fitness center and award-winning restaurant.
- Galaxy Theatres at the Casino Fandango — The only all digital movie theater in Northern Nevada, features 10 auditoriums with stadium-style seating and a high definition screen with the DLP Cinema® system.
- Adele’s — Carson City icon for five-star fine dining.
- The Firkin & Fox — Recently opened in the historic St. Charles Hotel in Carson City.
- J’s Bistro — New restaurant and lounge in the historic former Old Corner Bar location in downtown Dayton.
- Genoa Bar & Saloon – You have to say you had a cold one in the oldest thirst emporium in Nevada.
Online Travel Planning Resources
Carson City Convention and Visitors’ Bureau
Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce
Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce and Visitors’ Authority
Virginia City Convention and Tourism Authority